Mantis Shrimp in Chili Garlic Sauce

I love seafood. I would choose them over chicken and other meat. And mantis shrimp is one of the few that I get to cook when bigger ones are available in the market. I have been curious about mantis shrimps for a long time as I have seen them on social media and in my local market so when a vendor asked if I wanted to buy, I said yes right away! Since it was my first time cooking it, I did what we love - cooked in chili garlic sauce. I had a difficult time eating them because I didn't know how to properly get the meat off of the shell. Upon checking online, I sort of got the hang of it and realized there was very little meat in small ones. The next time I was at the market and saw these babies, I bought again and my eating experience was better and I certainly enjoyed it more. I still think bigger ones would be best.


Since not all of us have premade chili garlic sauce available on hand, I will be sharing something that does not use that but definitely tastes great just the same.

YOU WILL NEED:
Mantis shrimps
Butter
1 head of garlic, chopped
5 - 7 pcs red chili, chopped
3 - 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 - 1 cup of Sprite or 7up
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
Spring onion, chopped

HOW TO PREPARE:
  1. Saute garlic in butter until golden brown. Set aside a portion for garnish.
  2. Add in the chili peppers. The more spicy you want, the more chopped chili peppers you use.
  3. Add mantis shrimps. Saute for a minute.
  4. Add the oyster sauce and Sprite/7up.
  5. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
  6. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Add a tablespoon of butter then turn off the heat, plate it and sprinkle toasted garlic and spring onion.
This is perfect with steamed rice and spicy vinegar dip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginisang Bitsuelas (Green Beans Stir Fry)

Easy Banana Loaf